The first priority in every move is taking care of the needs of each family member. We are right with you every step of the way in addressing your concerns for your children-from finding the right childcare and schools to satisfying training and encouragement for their skills and talents. To this end we provide guidance, data and resources at all levels and in any community where you choose to select your home.
Throughout the middle Tennessee area the state of Tennessee posts licensed childcares and pre schools by zip code.
- Childcare/Preschool-Many families with infants and preschoolers are interested in Vanderbilt services for their youngsters. Vanderbilt Child Care Center provides four on-campus centers. VCCC also offers a broad scope of services with before and after school care, summer camps, tutoring/test prep and a pilot program for babysitting services. Acceptance is based on space available for your child’s age group, so as soon as you consider a move or the birth of new child, you need to register here.
TN Gov Child Care Services
Also by contacting us personally we can pair your needs with our knowledge and arrange contacts and matches best suited to your family.
Email Barbara Gregg & Associates
Additionally many families need nanny services and we can provide names of bonded, reputable agencies, based on needs and ages of your children.
- Elementary/Secondary School - Middle Tennessee offers a variety of options for public and private schools. Your options are dependent upon where you choose to live, for public schools zones; the timing for applications and the availability of places, grades and test scores on standardized instruments for independent schools. The choices for systems and schools are:
- for urban real estate located in Metro/Nashville - MNPS also has magnet schools, selection to which is discussed on this website
- suburban and rural in Williamson County
- city of Franklin Special School District
- private/independent schools for the Nashville area ( independent schools for the most part require nationally normed tests called ISEE, which are administered in most metropolitan areas, and are provided to the schools to which you apply )
- parochial schools
- home schools
- Enrichment Activities - venues for children are numerous and cover the scope of all types of interests from dance, arts, music, sports, drama, science, technology, foreign languages, nature, chess, gymnastics, horseback riding, ice skating and on and on. When you contact us, we’ll supply you with websites and information that are relevant to your family and provide you with brochures for your visit to Nashville.